Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping
None
To be fair, everyone's Orlesian is better when they're drunk. It allows the right mixture of slurring and rolling of Rs to blend together better. She chuckled a little as she picked up a minature scone from the tiered tray and moved it to her plate. She was famished, but she didn't want to put away a whole tea tray, let alone over-indulge before a dress fitting. That would ... actually be smart, then she would be able to snack as she liked from the finger foods at most parties. Maybe she should have a meal of snacks before taking her measurements from now on. Please, I'm too pale for here. I feel like one afternoon too long outside and I'll be burnt beyond a crisp. I'm well aware of the herbs and plants to soothe such a burn though, until my magic gets better enough to try and heal it myself that is.

She raised a brow, I believe so, I'm not certain if he .. wants many to know that I was invited to your University by his doing. Or at least I think so, I may need to ask him about that, She rolled the edge of the china against her lower lip, sipping at the black tea inside. It wasn't as good as the coffee she regularly enjoyed, but it was a far sight better than the cafe she had to put up with because it was the only one within walking distance of the manor, and René's. Luckily, there were several here that she had been trying as she got more comfortable with the city. Then I place myself fully into your and Madam de-Solar's capable hands. She finished off the scone, taking another of the small sandwiches for herself, an excited sound leaving her.

Ma.. M was able to secure two fruiting citrus trees as a gift to the University, of goodwill you see, and to test a theory of mine that because you've been behind the barrier for the past five years that some of the strains outside the barrier that may have perished in the blights, might be able to make a comeback if we cross-pollinate, basically cross breed them to some of the fruiting plants that were here behind the barrier and safe from the different types of rots that plants get. She paused and ate a bite of the sandwich, and took a little more tea, excited to be talking about one of her favorite things, her face animated. I'm hoping to see fruit by next season. I wanted to gift back two trees, to your University, but then I thought about all the unknown nematodes and fungi that may hitch rides in the roots and dirt ball, and thought maybe it would be best not too. Those bugs have five years outside the closed environment that was here, and introducing them in may run rampant through your crops, and that wouldn't be very environmentally friendly after all. There's also the possibility that the trees our friend gifted could die because of those things, but it was safer to bring them to Orlais than something from outside to here.

Lia took another bite, chewing thoughtfully, lost in a thought of how spectacularly bad it would have been if something had hitched a ride in, it would cause entire generations of crops to die out, fields would have to be left to fallow for several planting cycles just to make sure that what seed crop went into the furrows that would then cut the fields. She shook her head, But, I have been sitting in on some of the medical lectures as well, trying to think of a way to use both magic and learning to figure out how long and small amounts of a poison could be detected in someone's body to figure out when they received the dose, if it proves fatal, or to figure out exactly how much antidote to administer to make sure the patient has a full recovery. I feel that blending the two disciplines together, magic and learning, that we'll go so much further than either will alone.

@Enzo Pavus

Messages In This Thread
Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping - by Ophelia Jolfy - 07-13-2024, 06:29 PM
RE: Lunch Dates and Dress Shopping - by Ophelia Jolfy - 08-05-2024, 11:09 PM