Roses and arrows
mentions of cheating
A couple of weeks had passed since the incident and even if Maeve was hurt she was starting to settle down a little. She still missed Lucien terribly and to look after her son alone was incredibly exhausting. Besides, news about Vincent accident had reached her and she was torn between the attention that the baby needed and to pay visits to her brother in order to help in his recovery.

Due to her busy agenda, she had forgotten completely that she had arranged a meeting with Lucien’s sister today, the ring of the doorbell catching her by surprise. She was absolutely not looking acceptable to greet visits but she was long past caring, if someone had to see her in a nightgown so be it.

She reached the door quickly, checking who was calling and remembering right then the arranged date. She opened the door “Maker I am sorry, I had forgotten completely that we were supposed to meet for tea today”
The carriage ride over to where Maeve had been staying was a short one, but she had bought more clothes for both mother and son, and a basket of fresh baked breads and some jams. She had another basket ready in the carriage to take to Vincent after her visit with her sister in law. Because as it stood, her brother was still married, and until a time that they decided they weren't, Ophelia was going to behave as if her sister and her nephew still needed her around. So when Maeve answered the door in her dressing down, she made sure that her own dress hid the view of the street, before she grinned and leaned forward to peck a kiss on her sister's cheek. I am not even worried about tea, love. Let me whip you some up, you look like you could use a small break.

She let herself into the house, before Maeve could object, bring a rolling box in tow behind her, and a basket looped over her arm. I stress baked this entire weekend, and I brought you the freshest loaf, and some jam I whipped up, and I've got a basket outside for Vincent. I brought some more of your comfortable clothes from the manor, I thought you might want a little bit more than what you initially took with you and I'm a neutral party right now simply wanting what's best for my family.

And what was best was that she try and talk Maeve into coming home, but she knew better. It was too soon, and her and Luce needed to reconcile first if at all possible. I wanted to make sure you had everything you need right now. I've got the dummy at the manor, and I know you're more than capable of taking care of yourself, my love, but it doesn't mean that I couldn't come and spoil you a little in the mean time.

@Maeve Valathrian