Seriously
None
Madeline’s boots echoed softly against the cold stone floor as she descended into the depths of the Keep, her mind a whirl of conflicting emotions. The dimly lit corridor leading to the cells seemed longer than usual, the flickering torches casting long shadows on the walls. She had been down here before, many times, but this visit felt different—heavier.

Ely’s betrayal had cut deeper than any wound Madeline had ever suffered in battle. To discover that someone she trusted had nearly driven her to the brink of insanity, all in service of a megalomaniac ancient elf, had been a blow she hadn’t been prepared for. The fact that Ely had come forward after Elgar’nan’s death, confessing her role in the plot, hadn’t lessened the sting of betrayal. Madeline had thrown Ely into the cells without a second thought, unsure of how to process the mix of rage, hurt, and confusion that had overwhelmed her.

But time had passed, and with it had come counsel from those she trusted—particularly from Rosalie. Rosalie had urged leniency, pointing out that Ely could have done far more damage if she had truly been committed to Elgar’nan’s cause. Instead, she had chosen to stop, to reveal the truth, even though it meant her own downfall. Rosalie’s words had stayed with Madeline, prompting her to consider a course of action she had never thought she’d take: understanding.

Madeline reached the door to the cells and paused, taking a deep breath to steady herself. She was here to listen, to hear Ely’s side of the story in full before making any final decision. Whatever that decision might be, it would be made with a clear head and a full understanding of the facts.

With a firm nod to the guard, the door creaked open, and Madeline stepped inside. The air was cool and damp, the narrow corridor lined with iron-barred cells. At the far end, she could see Ely sitting on the small bench in her cell, her posture tense, her eyes downcast. The sight of her, so different from the confident and capable person Madeline had known, stirred something in her—an uncomfortable mix of pity and lingering anger.

Madeline walked slowly toward Ely’s cell, each step measured, her expression unreadable. As she approached, Ely looked up, her eyes widening slightly in surprise at the sight of her former friend. There was a long moment of silence, the two women simply looking at each other, the weight of what had happened hanging between them like a shroud.

Finally, Madeline spoke, her voice calm but with an edge of steel. Ely, she said, her tone betraying none of the emotions churning inside her. I’m here to hear your story. All of it. No more secrets, no more half-truths. I need to understand why you did what you did... and what you expect me to do about it now.

@Aelynthi Loraronna
Ely barely ate and slept, not because she didn’t have food and a bed, she was just…empty, tired as if the mere act of being alive was a burden. The cat was out of the bag and now she was alive to deal with the consecuences of her action which was very inconvenient. She would have rather been struck by Rian, due to Madeline’s orders than to deal with his resentment and hurt as he took her to the cell.

Days passed and she hoped that death would find her, the lack of food making her exhausted. At the least she wasn’t giving trouble to the watch, who looked at her with disdain but also mild curiosity since Ely wasn’t even moving a finger.

When Madeline arrived she assumed that she was here to inform her of her future death, but instead she asked for explanations. “Who cares, can’t you execute me already to put me out of my misery?” she said with a quiet groan.

“Elvhen god wanted you crazy and incapacitated, he sent me and I performed adequately until unfortunately I got soft and decided to back from the plan, tweaking the tool so that it wouldn’t break your mind.” She said with an shrug “That’s pretty much it”.
“It got to a point where even the mild version was damaging you so I decided to embrace the consequences of my actions and here I am, waiting for the axe” she said calmly, not sounding a bit scared about the prospective.
Madeline’s gaze hardened at Ely’s words, the dismissive tone like a slap to her face. Ely’s apparent indifference stirred a flicker of anger beneath the surface, though she quickly quelled it. She reminded herself that she had come here seeking clarity, not to allow herself to be drawn into bitterness.

Waiting for the axe, Madeline repeated, her voice level but carrying a sharpness that hinted at her frustration. Is that all you’ve got to say, Ely? That you got ‘soft’ and decided to come clean? She leaned closer, her eyes boring into Ely’s. I need to know why you even agreed to it in the first place. What did Elgar’nan promise you? What made you willing to betray everything you claimed to stand for?

Madeline studied her, silent for a moment, searching Ely’s face for some glimmer of sincerity. She needed to see something, anything, that told her Ely regretted more than just the consequence of her actions.

I trusted you, Ely, Madeline said quietly, her voice laced with a sadness Ely hadn’t expected. Even now, after everything, I want to believe there’s something in you that regrets what you’ve done beyond self-preservation. She straightened, hands clasped tightly behind her back. But if you don’t care—if you truly feel nothing for what you put us through—then maybe you’re right, and there’s nothing left for me to do here.

@Aelynthi Loraronna