Ink Stains and Blotters
None
Lucien smiled warmly at her, appreciating her playful tease and the affectionate bond they shared after so many years together.

Ah, my dear, you know me too well**,** he chuckled lightly, his eyes sparkling with fondness as he glanced at her. But let's not dwell on my tiny hypocrisies when you have always been the heart and soul of this household. You bring warmth and laughter where others might only bring duty. I wouldn't change that for the world.

He reached out to gently squeeze her hand, a silent reassurance of his appreciation for her presence and the role she played in their lives.

And as for drowning in work, I dare say you deserve a moment to yourself now and then. Perhaps a stroll in the garden or a quiet afternoon with your paints? It wouldn't hurt to indulge yourself, you know. After all, we both know how relentless the demands of our families can be.

Lucien paused, a thoughtful expression crossing his features. But if there's anything you need, anything at all, you know I'm here for you. Always.

With a soft smile, he leaned in to press a gentle kiss to her forehead, a gesture of comfort and affection that spoke volumes of their deep connection.

@Ophelia Jolfy
She was positively aglow with pleasure at his praise of her. It wasn't often that the two of them could share such sweet words, but there were times, times like this that they could, and it made all the difference to her. Yes, well, you'd have to drive me out with a stick at this point, you're stuck with me. Her grin was wide, as she squeezed his hand back, her eyes closing at the kiss.

She promised then, if she could, she'd stay with him and Maeve and the baby forever.

They'd always be her family, and she'd always be there for them, well until they were grey and old and forgetful. I know, but sometimes hearing it makes it easier to come to you when I say I need a gold or three for a new tube of paint. She teased a little, before she rose to her feet and hugged him tightly. Now, off with you, you have a baby and a wife to attend to. And I am going to grab my paints, and set up in the garden to direct your wayward students to the office appropriately for the afternoon.

~Fin